How to remove yellowness from fur?
Nowadays, fur products are made from a wide variety of materials, from expensive natural rare animal skins to artificial ones that every woman can afford to buy. But from what expensive material (silver fox, raccoon, etc.) a fur coat would not be sewn, no one is safe from the fact that it turns yellow and loses its chic look. Then the question arises: how to remove and remove yellowness from the fur?
To clean the fur, you can go to the dry cleaner or do it at home using effective proven cleaning methods.to contents ↑
Why does the fur turn yellow?
Yellowing may appear on the collar, sleeves and all over the fur. The main reasons why the fur loses its original appearance:
- Fur products do not like when water gets in, and it is not easy to predict the weather. Rain and snow damage the attractiveness of things.
- Accumulation of dust on the pile of the product, especially if you forget about its proper storage and do not carry out regular ventilation.
- The secretion of the secretion of sweat glands of a person that is well absorbed by a fur product.
to contents ↑
Important! Perhaps your fur product is simply already very old. Then it’s better not to waste your energy and time on its restoration, but to think about buying a new one. In this case, use our tips:
How to remove yellowness from fur?
To get started, consider the general rules for cleaning delicate items:
- Before you clean the yellowed fur, specify what material the thing is sewn from, so that the cleaning is effective and does not damage it.
- Always do the procedure very carefully and thoughtfully, choose the most suitable method, specifically for your thing.
- Check the effectiveness of your chosen method on a less visible part of the product to make sure that it is selected correctly.
How to clean fur?
To easily cope with the task, use one of the following tools:
- a brush for cleaning clothes;
- cotton swabs or discs;
- washing powder for delicate washing;
- wheat bran;
- a piece of chalk;
- hydrogen peroxide;
- shampoo for bathing pets;
- potato starch;
How to clean yellowed fur?
Seeing your favorite fur coat that has lost its original color, do not be upset.
There are many ways to clean the white fur from yellowness, as well as other colors of your favorite products that do not require large financial expenses.
The simplest and most harmless method of cleaning a white fur coat:
- Take out the fur product.
- Wet and lay the sheet on a flat surface.
- Lay the product neatly down on it.
- Lightly knock out and vacuum in a small suction mode.
You can return the color to the product by applying this method:
- Take a fur coat.
- Sprinkle it with potato starch.
- Add delicate laundry detergent to water.
- Put the product in the spray bottle.
- Spray the product with this liquid.
- Spread this mixture gently over the whole thing.
- Wait for the mixture to dry.
- Take a brush to clean your clothes.
- Carefully remove the mixture from the fur with a brush.
If you are only concerned with the question of how to clean the fur from dust, proceed as follows:
- Put the fur coat on a flat surface.
- Cover it with semolina.
- Rub the pile, as when washing, but not very intensively.
- Vacuum the product.
- Knock it out with a stick.
You can refresh a product from dressed skins of fur animals and pets by applying this method:
- Take wheat bran or sawdust.
- Heat them in a pan.
- Sprinkle them on the pile of fur.
- Rub the fur areas well with their brush or hand.
- Shake the sawdust from the product.
- If necessary, perform this procedure 2-3 times.
Important! If you chose sawdust for cleaning, then do not use conifers, otherwise spoil the fur.
It is recommended to clean the mink as follows:
- Take a mink coat.
- Make such a solution: 3 tsp. salt, 1 tsp alcohol and water.
- Take a sponge.
- Dampen the solution.
- Wipe the fur coat.
In another article of our portal you will find even more information about fur cleansers - professional and henchmen.to contents ↑
How to care for white fur?
If you want to keep the whiteness of your favorite fur thing for a long time, do this:
- store it in a blue linen bag;
- wrap the fur in blue paper.
Important! Leaves of tobacco, geraniums, and orange peels will help protect the fur from moths.
If you want the white fur not to turn yellow, do the following:
- Prepare the fur.
- Take a glass of water.
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide and a few drops of ammonia in it.
- Dip a cotton swab in this solution.
- Wipe the surface of the product with it.
Important! Concentrate of this solution will help the yellowed fur to return its whiteness, it should be applied using a spray, but only on the surface of the product, and not on the mezra, so as not to damage it.
If the white pile has faded and you still cannot decide how to remove the yellowness from the fur, follow these steps.
- Fold out the product.
- Take 9% vinegar.
- Dampen a cloth with it.
- Wipe the pile of fur with a rag.
- Hang out a fur coat on airing.
Do you want to clean white fur from yellow spots very simply? Then do this procedure:
- Take lemon juice and vinegar.
- Wet yellow spots with them.
- Take a brush and lightly rub it on the fur.
- Dry the fur coat.
to contents ↑
Important! Also find out how to restore the luster of fur.
How to clean fox fur from yellowness?
The fox fur looks beautiful and very pleasant to the touch, but unfortunately it most often turns yellow. If you have encountered this problem and do not know how to remove yellow spots from the fox, we recommend using the following methods. Arctic fox coat can be cleaned:
- Lay out the fur product carefully.
- Make a slurry of the following components: semolina, crushed chalk, potato starch.
- Preheat the mixture to warm.
- Apply to yellowed areas.
- Wipe well.
- Shake the mixture with a pile.
- Take a soft brush for clothes and clean the fur from traces of the product.
There is another popular, very effective way to clean natural fur:
- Mix hydrogen peroxide with talc.
- Apply the mixture to the surface of the fur.
- Leave the gruel to dry.
- Shake the thing.
- Walk on it with a dry, clean brush.
A fox fur coat can also be cleaned with gasoline and starch, for this:
- Take a sponge.
- Moisten it with gasoline.
- Pass her a pile of fur.
- Wait for gas to evaporate.
- Sprinkle the surface of the pile with potato starch.
- Wait 20 minutes.
- Shake the thing well.
Important! If you have a fur coat made from the skins of other animals, then you should understand that there is a difference in care. Read all about how to clean a fur coat from natural fur at home.
It is very easy to clean the white fox fur from yellowness in this way:
- Take the flour.
- Heat it in a pan.
- Sprinkle it in a pile.
- Take a brush and clean the product from flour.
Important! Apply flour quickly before it cools.
If you have no time to deal with such a difficult task at home, you can contact the dry cleaning service. There, experts will select the necessary method, and also, if necessary, can tint the fur in the right tone.
to contents ↑
Important! Choose a special dry cleaning (for cleaning fur products). And do not save when choosing it, so as not to spoil the expensive thing.
How to clean faux fur?
Faux fur is a pile of material that closely resembles natural. But caring for him is different. If it is dirty and you want to return it to its previous form, use the tips outlined below.
- Take 2 tbsp. washing powder.
- Dissolve 20-30 degrees in 1 liter of warm water.
- Mix and whip the foam.
- Hang the coat on your shoulders.
- Take a brush and wet it in the solution.
- Brush the mixture in the direction of the pile.
- Take a towel.
- Blot them with foam from clothes.
- Hang the fur to dry.
- Comb the thing well.
- Dilute the detergent (liquid soap is ideal) in warm water.
- Place the solution in the spray gun.
- Spray the thief.
- Clean with a brush.
- Run a wet sponge along the growth of the pile.
- Dry the product.
- Comb thoroughly.
- Mix lemon juice with water.
- Wet the brush with a solution.
- Brush off dirt along the pile.
- Hang the product on a coat hanger.
- Let it dry.
- Comb with a comb.
We hope that our tips have helped restore the beauty of your products and they will last a long time. After you are no longer bothered by the problem of how to remove yellowness from the fur, be sure to store and wear it correctly. Then you don’t have to bother with this question anymore.