How to wash organza tulle in a washing machine?
Organza is a thin, airy fabric obtained by weaving synthetic fibers and silk. Round curtains can be white, colored, with embroidery or photo printing, long or short. They create cosiness in the room and fill the room with light. But over time, the curtains become covered with dust and various spots may appear on them, especially if they decorate the kitchen. Like any fabric, organza tulle can withstand numerous washings, but you need to wash it correctly, taking into account some nuances, so as not to spoil the fabric fibers. Many housewives are concerned about the question: is it possible to wash such a fabric in a washing machine? It turned out that you can, you just need to follow some simple recommendations. So, how to wash organza tulle in a washing machine?to contents ↑
Features of Machine Wash Organza
Organza can only be washed with an automatic machine. Modern washing machines are equipped with new technologies and various washing modes, so you can not worry about the safety of the fabric.
How to wash organza?
- Any washing powder will not work for washing this material. You need to use one that gives less foam. It is best to use delicate laundry detergents or liquid powder.
- It is not recommended to use chemical bleaches, especially with a chlorine content.
- The use of fabric softener is also undesirable. From it, the fabric may subsequently turn yellow.
Preparing for washing:
- First of all, the curtains must be carefully removed from the eaves.
- Shake them well from accumulated dust. It is advisable to do this on the street or on the balcony.
- Even if you wash it with an automatic machine, you need to soak them in clean cool water or in water with dissolved washing powder before washing.
How to wash organza curtains in a washing machine? For the washing process to succeed, adhere to the following recommendations:
- Wash organza curtains preferably inside special laundry bag. You can buy it at a hardware store or sew it yourself from gauze. Put the curtains inside the bag, put in the drum.
- Set the delicate mode.
- The temperature should not be higher than 30 degrees, as the tulle does not tolerate high temperature.
- It is desirable to turn off the spin completely. If this is not possible, then you need to set the minimum speed.
- Set the extra rinse mode.
- After washing, let the curtains drain.
- Hang them on the ledge moist, and they will straighten under their own weight, and ironing will disappear. If the creases remain, use our selection of methods to smooth the curtains on weight.
to contents ↑
Important! Sometimes you want to make some changes to the interior without any special costs and major repairs. It is quite possible if you simply change the design of the windows. To help you offer some interesting ideas:
Many housewives prefer to wash such delicate fabrics by hand. Such washing is considered more gentle, the process is easier to control, if necessary - the tulle can be further bleached.
So, we erase the tulle manually:
- We clean the curtains from dust. You can shake them or remove dust with a vacuum cleaner.
- Pour warm water into the basin or other container - the water temperature should not exceed 35-40 degrees.
- Add the detergent at the rate of 1 tablespoon per 10 liters of water.
- Soak the product for 1.5-2 hours.
- Squeeze the cloth slightly, rinse in cold water.
- At the last rinse, add vinegar to the water - this will give organza shine.
Important! Do not twist or squeeze the fabric so as not to deform its structure.
to contents ↑
How to whiten organza?
If the curtains did not wash for a long period, then they turn yellow and various spots appear on them, which are not removed by simply soaking in washing powder. And since bleach is not recommended, the natural question arises, how to bleach the tulle and remove stains from it? There are simple folk remedies with which you can achieve good results.
To return the whiteness of a yellowed tulle will help the usual greenback, which is in any first-aid kit:
- In a glass of warm boiled water, dilute 10 drops of brilliant green.
- Pour this solution into a basin of warm water, lower the tulle there for 2-3 minutes.
- In the process of soaking, turn the product in the basin.
A good way to whiten a yellowed tulle is to soak it in a solution of sodium chloride:
- Dissolve 3 tablespoons of salt in 10 liters of water, add detergent for white linen or another detergent there.
- Soak the product in this solution for 3-4 hours.
- Then rinse thoroughly in running water.
Blue is usually used after soaking and basic washing. It gives the curtains a special bluish tint. Dissolve one cap of the product in the basin, lower the curtains there for 15-20 minutes.
Important! Dissolve the blue well in water, otherwise - blue stains will remain on the curtain.
- Dissolve starch in warm water in a ratio of 250 grams of substance per 10 liters of water.
- Dip the already washed product into this solution.
- Rinse the curtain 2-3 times in warm running water.
- You do not need to squeeze the product, just hang it vertically and let it drain.
Important! This method will return your curtains to their former freshness and whiteness. Plus, due to starch, they will better keep their shape.
- Rub the laundry soap on a grater.
- Pour into a small saucepan or any other suitable container with already heated water.
- Put the container on the fire, bring the solution to a boil.
- Pour the boiling solution into a basin, mix with cold water.
- Soak the tulle for 4-5 hours, and then wash it with your hands.
- Rinse under running water several times.
Important! By the way, even when the curtain design is completely bored and the fabric will not look quite aesthetically pleasing, it is not necessary to throw away the material.
Check out what can be made of old tulle.
It’s great for whitening. ammonia:
- Prepare a solution - for 7 liters of warm water, one tube of ammonia.
- Soak the faded tulle in this solution.
- Rinse well and hang to dry.
To restore the whiteness of the fabric with hydrogen peroxide, you need to pour it when washing in a washing machine along with washing powder at the rate of 20 ml of peroxide per kilogram of organza.
If the curtains hung in the kitchen and there were a lot of greasy stains on them, then they can be soaked in water with diluted dishwashing liquid and a small amount of soda.
to contents ↑
Is it possible to iron curtains made of organza?
If the curtains are washed correctly and timely hung on the ledge, then ironing is not necessary. But if you need to stroke them, then use the following tips:
- The surface of the iron should be clean and smooth.
- Iron at a minimum temperature.
- It is recommended to iron through a cotton cloth.
- If there is embroidery or a pattern on the curtains, ironing is best from the inside.
- If possible, treat the curtains with a vertical steamer.
- If you have small folds, just try wetting them with water - they will straighten themselves under their own weight.
With any method of washing your curtains will look good if you follow the following recommendations:
- Before washing, remove dust.
- When rinsing add vinegar.
- Wash items regularly.
- Choose the right detergents and temperature.
- Stains are removed before washing, and yellowness - after.
- The use of chlorine-containing bleaches will not restore the whiteness of the organza, but will shorten the life of the product.
- If you can’t get rid of stains and yellowness by any means, you can dye the curtains with fabric dyes.
- If in doubt about your strengths, hand over the curtains to dry cleaning.
That's all the subtleties that must be considered in order to wash the tulle from organza and keep it in perfect condition for a long time. And now you can easily cope with this, maintaining comfort in your home.