How to remove stain from suede shoes?
Anyone who likes to wear suede shoes knows how comfortable, beautiful, but impractical. We have to make a lot of effort to maintain its attractive appearance and extend its service life. Since any dirt is quickly attracted to the fleecy fabric, the question always arises: how to remove a stain from suede shoes? About what means and for what stains will be useful to you in this case, you will learn from this article.to contents ↑
Why do spots appear on suede?
Suede is a fleecy material. It is because of this feature that it acquires special softness and can be pleasant to the touch. But it is precisely this factor that affects the fact that the fabric fades very quickly, starts to shine, smudges from fat, salt or other troubles occur on it.
Important! You may be interested in information from these articles:
No matter how well you look after the material, stains on suede shoes will still appear from time to time. Therefore, take on your arsenal in several ways to spend as little time as possible on their removal.to contents ↑
How to remove stains from suede shoes?
Before you remove a greasy stain from suede shoes or any other, prepare it as follows:
- Prepare a warm soapy solution.
- Add some ammonia if the shoes are too dirty.
- Wet a sponge or soft cloth in the solution and wipe the entire surface of the product in sequence.
- Fill crumpled paper inside.
- Wait for the shoe to dry.
Then proceed as follows:
- Boil a pot of water.
- Hold a little over the steam and brush with a suede.
After such actions, all contaminants should move away.
to contents ↑
Important! Also find out how to remove salt from suede shoesthat will inevitably appear on winter boots and boots.
Remedies for stains on suede shoes
If you have not taken care of products made of this material for a long time, the spots on it are quite old and of unknown origin, you will have to resort to drastic measures to remove them. Use one of the following recipes to remove stains from suede at home rather than dry cleaning:
- Sprinkle the stain with talcum powder, slightly moistening the surface with water. Wait for the mixture to dry and brush.
- Replace talc with soda or potato starch and proceed in the same way.
- 1 tbsp mix with 1 liter of milk (skim). Treat the stained area with a cotton pad soaked in the solution and after 2 minutes, wipe it with a soft cloth.
to contents ↑
Important! These home remedies are great for deciding how to remove greasy stains from suede shoes.
How else to remove dirt from suede?
If you need to urgently remove a stain from light suede, proceed as follows:
- Mix 1 tbsp. warm water, 1 tsp ammonia, 1 tsp hydrogen peroxide.
- Moisten a cotton pad and rub the dirt.
Important! It is not always possible to use such substances. For example, if you are at work, you can try a simpler option:
- Take a stationery eraser.
- Gently rub the spot on your shoes or shoes.
The most aggressive method is the use of a solvent. In this case, it is better to take “sparing”, on an acetone-free basis.A special nail polish remover is perfect for this purpose. To remove a greasy stain from suede shoes with this tool, proceed as follows:
- Moisten a cotton swab with solvent.
- Lightly rub the stained area so that the cloth is not soaked in the cleaning fluid.
- Rub with a clean, damp cloth.
to contents ↑
Important! Work the stain from the edges to the middle so that it does not spread further.
To always look perfect, read a more detailed review of the rules in another article on our site. suede shoe care.
- Always try to clean shoes or boots immediately upon arrival at home, otherwise getting rid of stains will be more difficult.
- Dry your shoes well so that they don’t fall apart prematurely.
- If there is a gloss - mix ammonia and warm water 1: 2 and rub the problem areas. Clean up the rest with a rag and brush the pile.
- Try to prevent the appearance of contaminants and the absorption of moisture - use modern aerosol preventive protection for suede.
to contents ↑
Important! If you like to wear a lot of different shoes, cabinets are already breaking from it and you can’t think of a storage place, find out Is it possible to store shoes on the balcony in winter.
As you have seen, if you know what means to use, you can quickly remove sunken stains from suede, even at home. Wear delicate shoes carefully and you will always look beautiful and stylish, and most importantly, you will spend time not on its cleaning, but on rest!