Polishing 🥝 engagement ring from scratches
Gold jewelry is always a sign of wealth, luxury, good taste of the owner. but all this is only subject to the excellent appearance of the ring, bracelet or chain. All kinds of stains, scratches, obvious plaque of dirt in this case are unacceptable, therefore, from this article you will learn how to polish a wedding gold ring covered with dirt at home. to contents ↑
Basically, there are several reasons why polishing should be done periodically:
- Firstly, this requires aesthetics, because the dullness in the ring or the blackening in the earrings, as well as spots that spoil the whole look of the chain, do not look aesthetically pleasing.
- Secondly, without polishing your ring will be a good refuge for pathogenic bacteria. In such an environment, they can breed especially quickly. Hence the acute allergic reaction, and sometimes the symptoms associated with intestinal diseases.
Before polishing your jewelry, find outhow to clean gold at home with stones.
How to polish “gold” at home? - 2 best ways:
- One of the most effective reducing agents is felt, which can be used to polish a gold ring quite well at home.
- If you use white GOI paste, which is used when polishing jewelry in jewelry workshops, polishing will be much better and more effective.
But if you don’t have either felt or GOI paste, then there are tons of other cleaning methods that can be used to easily restore all the scuffs on your jewelry without spending a lot of money.
If you like to complement your look with various accessories, making it more delicate and elegant, be sure to readhow to choose the right jewelry for the neckline of the dress.
to contents ↑
How to remove scratches from jewelry at home?
It’s unpleasant, probably, to see when scratches appeared on your favorite jewelry? But the situation can always be corrected, the most important thing is to know how to polish a gold ring at home.
Important! Despite the fact that there are a lot of polishing methods, for a start it is necessary to treat the ring with ammonia in order to degrease the surface and clean it of plaque.
Polishing gold from scratches at home:
- The simplest and at the same time quite effective polishing method is using napkins that are saturated with a special solution. They are mainly sold in jewelry stores.
- Toothpaste can sometimes be useful in situations where you need to restore the appearance of jewelry. But you can use only those compounds that do not have colored pigments. First you need to apply the paste in a small layer on the surface of the metal, and then with a cotton swab or cotton polish. Successful analogs in order to polish a golden ring at home can be considered as powder, talc, tooth powder.
- With the help of the most ordinary lipstick, you can not only give the desired shade to your lips, but also polish the ring. This is done quite simply. It is necessary to grease the metal with lipstick, and then gently polish the surface with a cotton swab.
We also prepared a separate article for you, which describes in detailhow to clean gold with hydrogen peroxide.
to contents ↑
If for some reason you don’t have the opportunity to polish a gold ring at home, you can go to special jewelry stores that can clean almost every scratch and bring the jewelry to perfect condition.
Pros and cons of the jewelry salon:
- Masters in jewelry stores always know which method is suitable for gold, and which for silver, bronze and any other metal. If you gave the product to a professional jeweler, you can be sure that the cleaning will be successful.
- Masters not only know how to clean your product correctly, but also how to do it quickly, mainly from half an hour to two to three hours. The speed of work depends on what decoration you have and how dirty it is.
- The only negative is the price, which is approximately equal to 15-25% of the cost of jewelry. The price depends on the degree of pollution and the type of decoration, the complexity of its shape, the presence of stones, etc.
Follow the link and you will also find outhow to choose earrings by the shape of the face.
Important! If your ring has a coating: blackening or rhodium, be aware that when cleaning the coating is removed from the decoration. But after cleaning you can always order a service to restore coverage.
to contents ↑
Finally, we would like to share with you some tips that will help when polishing the gold ring from scratches at home:
- If you want it to shine, remove the special protective film. This is done using an aqueous solution based on juice from onions, vinegar or the most common sugar. Your jewelry should be immersed in the solution for 12 hours. Then use a rag or soft sponge to wipe the gold.
- Do not forget that when cleaning with coarser tools, such as a toothbrush, you can easily scratch the edges of the product. It is best to use soft tools - cotton pad, felt, flannel.
- In no case do not leave the jewelry worn on the finger during sleep, as pathogenic microbes can get into different slots of your jewelry under the influence of sebaceous and sweat glands. It is most difficult to clear the jewelry from them after this. Either vinegar or an alcohol-containing substance will help here.
- Do not use cosmetic and medical supplies to clean jewelry. Greasy lotions and creams can cause tarnishing. And iodine and other medical solutions can easily leave stubborn stains.
As you can see, there is nothing complicated in fixing unforeseen incidents with scratches on gold. We hope you managed to polish the gold ring very quickly at home, return its appeal and now you shine with your irresistible beauty and are completely confident in yourself and your ring will no longer be scratched.