How to clean the jacket from paint?
No one is safe from unpleasant moments associated with the pollution of outerwear. How to clean the jacket from paint and at the same time not damage its surface, you will learn in this article. It is not necessary to get rid of the thing or put a patch on the damaged area. It is important to know and consider some of the features of the paint itself and its cleaning products.to contents ↑
How to remove paint from the surface of the jacket?
Paints are made on a different basis and, depending on this, suitable cleaning methods are selected. Types of paint:
- water-based: watercolor and gouache;
- oil based.
Water-based paint, especially if the stain is fresh, is easily removed with plain water. To completely eliminate stains and when neutralizing an old stain, wash the affected area with laundry soap or laundry detergent.
Things are much worse with removing stains from oil-based paints, especially if it's old. Here you need to thoroughly prepare, stock up on time and patience.
Important! As for the funds needed to remove the trace, at least one of them will certainly be available. If not, simply purchase at your local store.
How to clean the jacket from paint:
- solvent: turpentine, kerosene or white spirit;
- medical alcohol;
- laundry soap;
- dishwashing liquid;
- vegetable oil;
Additionally, you will need these tools:
- cotton pads or tampons;
- clean cloth or napkins;
Having prepared everything you need, get to work.to contents ↑
How to remove paint from a leather jacket?
The material for making jackets is different. Accordingly, the means for each are selected their own. The only thing that combines work with any material is testing the product on an identical piece of material. This is done to avoid spoiling things. Now proceed to remove the stain.
To clean the jacket of paint, if it is sewn from leather, there are three cleaning methods.
Method No. 1
Perfect for removing stains, a product with an identical base - vegetable oil. For its use, there is such a step-by-step instruction:
- Take a cotton swab or disc.
- Moisten it with any vegetable oil.
- Wipe the stain until it is clean or contaminated with cotton.
- Change cotton if necessary.
- At the end of the procedure, wipe the area to be cleaned. skin cleanser.
Method No. 2
The solvent will quickly and efficiently wipe the jacket off the paint, regardless of what it is sewn from. When using the product, follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Lay the item on a horizontal, level surface.
- Place an absorbent cloth on the back of the product.
- Dampen a cotton pad with the solvent you have.
- Apply to the damaged area for several hours.
- Remove the “lotion” and wipe the cleaned area with a damp cloth.
Important! If after processing the material is coarsened, use one of the tools proposed in our separate article to soften the skin on the jacket.
The dishwashing detergent not only copes with the fat on the plates, but also helps you wipe the paint off the leather jacket. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Use a knife to clean the dried surface of the paint.
- Prepare a saturated soapy solution from a dishwashing detergent and water.
- Foam well.
- Use a sponge to remove the foam and wipe the damaged area.
- Rinse the contaminated paint sponge with running water and repeat the procedure.
Important! When the paint is completely clean, dry the treated area and apply skin conditioner.
Such non-tricky methods will help you clean the leather jacket from paint.
to contents ↑
How to clean the jacket from paint?
For jackets made of another material, such as Bologna fabric, such cleaning methods are suitable.
Method number 1
For a material that has a synthetic base, alcohol is good. This is usually polyester or a Bologna jacket. Instructions for use are as follows:
- Moisten a cloth with alcohol.
- Wipe the stained area in a circular motion.
- If necessary, change the cloth and do not forget to moisten it with alcohol.
- Finish the area with a clean, damp cloth and, if necessary. wash a Bologna jacket.
Method number 2
Laundry soap is ideal for cotton fabrics. For best results, follow these instructions:
- Pour a liter of water into an enameled pan.
- Add to it 1 tbsp. soda and half a bar of soap grated.
- Bring to a boil.
- Dip the damaged area in water for 10 seconds.
- Repeat the procedure if necessary.
- Wash your item in the usual way.
Method number 3
Perfect for peeling a jacket from paint, refined gasoline. It does not matter what material it is sewn from. To act for the use of this tool should be:
- Dip a cotton swab in gasoline.
- Wipe the contaminated area.
- Wash the item with powder.
to contents ↑
Important! Do not use regular gasoline. It is a fairly aggressive substance and can damage the material.
These simple tips will help to wash the paint and restore your jacket to its presentable appearance. The main thing is to adhere to cleaning rules and safety measures.
Important! If nothing at all helped to clear the coat of paint, we’ll tell you how to make a vest from a jacket - patterns for quick sewing already matched in another article on our website.
- How to choose a vacuum cleaner taking into account the characteristics of the house and coatings?
- What to look for when choosing a water delivery
- How to quickly create comfort at home - tips for housewives
- How to choose the perfect TV - useful tips
- What to look for when choosing blinds
- What should be running shoes?
- What useful things can you buy in a hardware store
- Iphone 11 pro max review
- Than iPhone is better than Android smartphones