Black spot on a computer monitor - how to remove?
During prolonged use of a computer or laptop, spots of various characters may appear on it. If a black mark appears on the LCD monitor, it means that the device matrix is faulty. In this article we will look at and find out if a dark spot has occurred, a dot on the monitor - how to remove and what to do to remove, briefly consider the remaining spots.to contents ↑
Varieties and nature of spots on the computer
There are many different malfunctions of screens on a PC, due to which various spots appear. Let's consider some of their colors and look at the reasons for their appearance:
- Yellow. The appearance of yellow marks on the computer indicates the ingress of water into the device or the delamination of its screen. A modern monitor consists of three layers, interconnected with a special material. When the display is stratified, the screen takes on a yellowish tint.
- Colored or red. In this case, the screen is likely to be exposed to strong magnetic waves. Most often, it acquires such a shade after a thunderstorm or power surge. It is very simple to remove such spots on the monitor: it is enough to simply disconnect the device from the network for several hours. In addition, the cause may be a breakdown of the system unit or matrix unit.
- Black color. The nature of this spot should be considered in more detail.
to contents ↑
Important! In our separate publication, you will learn about the causes and methods for resolving a problem such as vertical bar on the monitor.
Identify the cause of the black spot malfunction
A small black spot, as a rule, becomes more and more every day, which prevents further use of the device. The appearance of such a malfunction can be caused by:
- By mechanical (external) damage. Most likely, someone strongly pressed or hit the computer. It is also possible that it darkened, because the screen was exposed to strong chemical attack when it was improperly cleaned. In our separate post, we described in detail how to wipe a computer monitor.
- By internal damage. Here the reason lies in the malfunction of the matrix itself or of the parts attached to its node. Such a problem can happen due to dead pixels.
Important! If this is exactly what happened - a black spot on the computer monitor, it is impossible to remove it yourself. It is necessary to attach the wizard from the service center to this, so that he replaces the matrix, or else buy a new PC.
There are also several reasons that indicate internal damage associated with the matrix:
- During transportation, a little air could get into the unit, which later reflected in the use of the device.
- During low-quality cleaning of the device from dust, water could get inside. Follow the link and find helpful tips on how to clean the system unit from dust.
- Also, the node could be affected by high temperature, as a result of which the matrix began to delaminate.
to contents ↑
Attention! A black spot on a computer monitor can gradually change its position, size and shape. To prevent this from happening at all, you must carefully take care of your equipment.
If there is no way to contact a professional, you can fix the display by replacing the matrix yourself.
For this we need:
- New matrix;
- A few screwdrivers.
So, here is the algorithm to be followed during part replacement:
- First you need to allocate a place to work and prepare the work surface.
- Next, turn off the device by disconnecting it from the electrical network.
- Using a suitable screwdriver, unscrew the elements fastening the device. Many of them stand under a stub, which is easy to get rid of - pry it with the same screwdriver.
- We remove the case.
- Next, you need to remove the metal fasteners, while carefully holding the PC.
- We disconnect the connection cables, fasteners and very carefully remove the matrix.
- Set the new matrix in the frame of the screen.
- Reconnect the cables.
- Assemble the device in the same manner.
to contents ↑
Remove greasy stains from the display
In addition to spots caused by the operation of the device, there are those that do not affect it at all. They are also called due to sloppy consumer. In this section, we will learn how to remove stains on the monitor that have formed on the outside of the display.
It is very easy to get rid of ordinary dirt, but how to get rid of hard-to-remove grease stains that greatly distort the view? In order to eliminate them, you only need a cellulose napkin, any dishwasher and warm water.
Important! If you find scratches on the screen, use the useful tips of our portal from a special review "How to remove scratches from a computer monitor?".
So, here's what you need to do to remove greasy dirt from the display:
- At the very beginning, slightly moisten the cellulose cloth with warm water and wipe the screen with it.
- Apply detergent to the used cloth and evenly distribute it over the contaminated area. During this procedure, a small soapy foam will appear on the monitor, which helps to remove fat from the surface.
- Next, you need to remove the soap foam from the napkin, rinsing it in warm water and squeezing it as much as possible.
- For prevention, repeat the above steps.
- Allow the surface to dry on its own.
- Wipe the screen with a special damp cloth.
Attention! On sale there are special wipes with which you can remove stains on the monitor. They need only to be moistened and also wiped the surface. Do not purchase such wipes if they contain alcohol.
Additional tips for cleaning your PC screen
We have prepared for the reader a number of useful and effective tips for self-cleaning your favorite computer screen:
- Water can be replaced with three percent acetic acid. You can not be afraid, such a solution will not damage the matrix, but it will clean the screen very well. After the procedure, it is advisable not to wait for the screen to dry out on its own, but to wipe it with a dry cloth.
- Cellophane or cling film helps to get rid of dust qualitatively and for a long time.
- Do not get rid of stains with iron brushes, knives or other scratching objects. Here, harm to the device will be inevitable.
- Dissolved baby soap helps to cope with old greasy stains.
- Do not use glass cleaner - this can damage all layers of the monitor.
to contents ↑
Important! It is advisable not to use the following products to clean the monitor of any device:
- Foam sponges;
- Conventional paper napkins;
- Various terry materials;
- Rough fabric.
In this article, we figured out the reasons for the appearance of various spots on the screen of your computer and explained how to remove a black spot on the monitor matrix. In addition, you learned how to properly clean the outer surface of the PC screen from various grease stains. Put your knowledge into practice so that no spots on the screen bother you.